For the history of the Warrant number, prior to 1892, Grand Lodge records indicate it to be working in Dublin in 1825/29. The original Lodge Warrant was No. 620; this was later surrendered for the present one No. 528. The 1856 Register confirms that No. 528 is working in Belleek with John Mitchell the Worshipful Master.
Lodge records are available from 1892, when the Worshipful Master was Bro. W.M. G. McKnight; dues were 3d per month. In 1894, each member paid 1 shilling to seal and repair the Lodge room. In 1900, the Lodge purchased a Union Flag to be put on the spire of Belleek Parish Church; the member who erected the flag received a pint of whiskey.
During the meeting in August 1918, each member was levied 5 shillings for the purchase of a new flag; it is not clear what type of flag, but it is assumed that it would have been a Lodge flag, the forerunner of the banners of today. During the war years, the Lodge held quarterly meetings only.
A banner was purchased in late 1918, and it was decided that the name of the Lodge should be “Belleek Arch Purple Marksmen.” In June 1919, it was decided to hold an anniversary Church Service on the second Sunday of June each year.
At this time, plans were laid for the building of a new hall for the Lodge, a Mr. Aiken having given a site in August 1919. The hall was opened on 6th November, 1926, and the keys of the old premises were to be handed to the Clergy of Ballymoyer Parish Church.
In January 1924, it was decided to form a flute band, the services of a band teacher were obtained, and the band was formed on 5th May, 1924.
A new banner was purchased from Robinson’s of Portadown on 3rd November, 1952, and it was decided to change the Lodge title to “Belleek Bible and Crown Defenders”. The Banner was unfurled on 27th June, 1953.
In that same year, it was proposed to change the band from flute to pipe, but after further deliberation, it was decided to form an accordion band. The first accordions were bought in November 1954, costing £35 each.
During the troubles, the hall has been attacked three times by Republican terrorists. On 4th August 1970, structural damage was caused to the front gable wall by a bomb. The second attack on 7th December, 1971, caused more widespread damage. Repairs were carried out on both occasions and Brethren guarded the Hall to allow meetings to proceed. Before the Hall could be re-opened, the IRA struck again in 1974, causing major structural damage. Meetings were held in Glenanne Orange Hall after that, and in November 1977, it was decided to build a new hall eventually, the cost was considered too high, and the decision was taken to repair the existing property. The Hall, complete with extension, was re-opened in June 1980, by Most Worshipful Bro. Rev. Martin Smyth, Grand Master.
One of the Lodge members, Bro. Robert Lockhart, a Police Reservist, was murdered on 17th April 1979, by the IRA.
On 18th April 1988, members decided to form a bond of friendship with “Sons and Daughters of William” L.O.L. No. 64, Perth, Western Australia and in 1990, the Lodge was visited by Bro. Bob Hunter, of that Lodge.